The University Center of Tipaza Morsli Abdallah was the first higher education institution to be created in Tipaza province, as it represents the learning path continuity for the province's students.
The University Center of Tipaza Morsli Abdallah was created according to the Executive Decree N-11-302 dating from Ramadan 22, 1432, corresponding to August 22, 2011. As a response to the provincial development needs in different areas that the government aspires to achieve, especially in knowledge and culture.
The University Center was named after the deceased Mujahid Morsli Abdullah, aka "Abdul Moneim". After his scientific and national struggle to link between, nowadays generation and the triumphant revolution generation.
The University Center contains five (05) institutes:
• Institute of Economics and Business Administration
• Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences
• Institute of Law and Political Sciences
• Institute of Arabic Language and Literature
• Institute of Sciences
A leading university center, which contributes effectively in building the knowledge economy and society. Committed to excellence in the dissemination and production of knowledge as well as serving the community and pursue higher academic universities ranks locally and regionally.
• Provide high quality academic programs in various disciplines
• Developing and supporting research to enrich knowledge and achieve development goals
• Enhancing the role of the university in serving the community and building a knowledge society
• Creating a supportive university environment for production and excellence
The core functions of the university center in the higher education field are:
• Create the main framework for the economic, social and cultural development of the province;
• Provide students research mythologies and developing the higher education for research;
• Contribute to the production, dissemination and generalization of science and knowledge.
The core functions of the University Center in the field of scientific research and technological development, are:
• Contribute to the national effort for scientific research and technological development
• Contribute to the promotion and dissemination of national culture
• Participate in support national scientific capabilities
• Valorization of research results and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge
• Participation in international scientific and cultural events and exchanges.